- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Robert Covington Delivers Cheap Shot to Goran Dragic, James Johnson Proceeds to Punk 76ers
- Updated: April 21, 2018
The contentious first-round playoff matchup between the Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers took another turn in the latter stages of the first half of Game 4 on Saturday afternoon. That was when Heat point guard Goran Dragic was the victim of a cheap shot on a drive to the hoop by the 76ers’ Robert Covington, something that led to a subsequent altercation between Covington’s teammate, Ben Simmons, and the Heat’s James Johnson.
— SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) April 21, 2018
In the aftermath of the scuffle, which had coaches from both teams on the court in an effort to break things up, Johnson and Simmons were assessed technical fouls after they engaged in some heated conversation. The incident was the latest in a series of heated confrontations between the two squads.