- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
Robert Covington Delivers Cheap Shot to Goran Dragic, James Johnson Proceeds to Punk 76ers
- Updated: April 21, 2018
The contentious first-round playoff matchup between the Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers took another turn in the latter stages of the first half of Game 4 on Saturday afternoon. That was when Heat point guard Goran Dragic was the victim of a cheap shot on a drive to the hoop by the 76ers’ Robert Covington, something that led to a subsequent altercation between Covington’s teammate, Ben Simmons, and the Heat’s James Johnson.
— SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) April 21, 2018
In the aftermath of the scuffle, which had coaches from both teams on the court in an effort to break things up, Johnson and Simmons were assessed technical fouls after they engaged in some heated conversation. The incident was the latest in a series of heated confrontations between the two squads.