- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Updated: August 3, 2020
Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra could only offer a stunned expression after a late deflection by guard Fred VanVleet helped the Toronto Raptors clinch a 107-103 win over the Heat on Monday afternoon.
The Heat trailed 103-101 with less than 20 seconds left when VanVleet deflected an attempted pass by Jimmy Butler. The Raptors subsequently went on to clinch the game and deliver the Heat their first meaningful loss within the bubble in Orlando, Fla.
VanVleet was equally frustrating for the Heat on the offensive side of the ball, contributing a career-high 36 points in the game.
The defeat spoiled a strong comeback effort by the Heat, after they came back from a 17-point deficit in the third quarter.
Goran Dragic led the Heat with 25 points off the bench and added five rebounds, five assists and a pair of steals in 27 minutes of action.
The Heat don’t have a great deal of time to ponder the loss. Their next game is scheduled for Tuesday against the Boston Celtics.