- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Updated: August 3, 2020
Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra could only offer a stunned expression after a late deflection by guard Fred VanVleet helped the Toronto Raptors clinch a 107-103 win over the Heat on Monday afternoon.
The Heat trailed 103-101 with less than 20 seconds left when VanVleet deflected an attempted pass by Jimmy Butler. The Raptors subsequently went on to clinch the game and deliver the Heat their first meaningful loss within the bubble in Orlando, Fla.
VanVleet was equally frustrating for the Heat on the offensive side of the ball, contributing a career-high 36 points in the game.
The defeat spoiled a strong comeback effort by the Heat, after they came back from a 17-point deficit in the third quarter.
Goran Dragic led the Heat with 25 points off the bench and added five rebounds, five assists and a pair of steals in 27 minutes of action.
The Heat don’t have a great deal of time to ponder the loss. Their next game is scheduled for Tuesday against the Boston Celtics.