- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Video: Dwyane Wade Releases Heartfelt Statement as He Rejoins Miami Heat
- Updated: February 9, 2018
Dwyane Wade is officially back.
After a two-year hiatus on the Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls, Wade is back on the team that drafted him with the fifth overall pick back in 2003.
As the trade deadline neared and the Cavs executed a flurry of trades, Wade was sent by the Cavs back to the Miami Heat for a second-round draft pick. As a favor to Wade and a courtesy to his best friend LeBron James, the Cavs organization acquiesced in Wade’s desires to return back home rather than see him serve in a reserve role on the Cavs.
Hours after being traded, Wade released a video via Twitter, thanking the Cavs fans, players, and organization. He then went on to express his excitement and relief in being back home in Miami.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 9, 2018
Wade had always mentioned that he would “love” it if he could retire in a Heat uniform and it seems that he will be doing just that. It is still unclear, however, if the three-time NBA champion will be retiring at the end of the season or not.
“I always felt that one day it would happen,” Wade said in an interview with The Associated Press. “For me, it’s always been a hope. You just don’t know how or when you’re going to get there.”