- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Video: Dwyane Wade Offers Huge Words of Praise for Utah Jazz Star Donovan Mitchell
- Updated: August 17, 2020
The three-time NBA champion picked Mitchell when asked who reminds him the most of himself in today’s NBA.
— JJ Redick (@jj_redick) August 17, 2020
“Donovan Mitchell,” Wade said. “Undersized, underrated coming in, plays kind of similar. I mean he can shoot better than me, obviously, but he plays very similar to the way I play.
“And this is a guy who I’ve mentored, obviously. He realized that he plays similar to me and reached out to me on multiple occasions.”
Mitchell, 23, is coming off a historic playoff game on Monday against the Denver Nuggets. He dropped 57 points in an overtime loss, becoming the first player since Michael Jordan to score 57 or more points in a playoff defeat.
Being compared to Wade certainly is a huge compliment for Mitchell.
Wade is one of the best shooting guards in NBA history.
A 13-time All-Star, Wade averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game during his career.
It’s nice to see that Mitchell has already recognized the similarities in his game and reached out to Wade for advice.