- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Video: Dwyane Wade Offers Huge Words of Praise for Utah Jazz Star Donovan Mitchell
- Updated: August 17, 2020
The three-time NBA champion picked Mitchell when asked who reminds him the most of himself in today’s NBA.
— JJ Redick (@jj_redick) August 17, 2020
“Donovan Mitchell,” Wade said. “Undersized, underrated coming in, plays kind of similar. I mean he can shoot better than me, obviously, but he plays very similar to the way I play.
“And this is a guy who I’ve mentored, obviously. He realized that he plays similar to me and reached out to me on multiple occasions.”
Mitchell, 23, is coming off a historic playoff game on Monday against the Denver Nuggets. He dropped 57 points in an overtime loss, becoming the first player since Michael Jordan to score 57 or more points in a playoff defeat.
Being compared to Wade certainly is a huge compliment for Mitchell.
Wade is one of the best shooting guards in NBA history.
A 13-time All-Star, Wade averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game during his career.
It’s nice to see that Mitchell has already recognized the similarities in his game and reached out to Wade for advice.