- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Video: Dwyane Wade Comes Up With Huge Block on Kevin Durant in Crunch Time
- Updated: February 10, 2019
The Miami Heat lost to the defending champion Golden State Warriors in a battle that went down to the wire.
With just under a minute in the game, however, Dwyane Wade came up with a massive play that nearly earned his team the win.
The play came with 58.3 seconds left in the fourth quarter, when former MVP Kevin Durant went up for a shot.
Wade swatted the ball out of Durant’s hands and passed the ball off to Josh Richardson before getting it back and laying the ball in for an easy bucket on the other side of the court.
That man D-Wade ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/rF3Bxv3UhY
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 11, 2019
Unfortunately for the Heat, the talent on the Warriors’ roster proved too great to overcome. While the Heat were up 118-115 with under a minute to go, the Warriors stormed back and scored the last five points of the game to claim a 120-118 victory.
Despite the defeat, Wade’s late-game play is just another example of his supreme athleticism and ability.
While he’s not quite the player he once was in his prime, he still knows how to do it all on the court.