- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Duncan Robinson hilariously explains how his mom freaks whenever she finds him in a trade rumor
- Updated: January 13, 2021
Robinson’s name has been mentioned in a number of trade rumors, and Robinson recently noted on J.J Redick’s podcast that any possible deal gets his mother’s attention.
“The one thing that has been kind of dangerous about the trade rumors is that my mom, who struggles with technology in general,” Robinson said. “I love her, obviously. But like she has some Heat app, I don’t even know how she has it. Like I don’t even know what app it is. It’s like not an official app. It’s like some blog or whatever. And she just gets all the updates pinged right to her phone, and occasionally it’ll boil over.
“And she’s like, ‘No, I’m not going to talk to Duncan about this. I’m not going to do it. I’m not going to do it.’ And then all of a sudden, ‘It’s like it has gone too far,’ and there’s like some reliable — quote, unquote — source who says that I’m like in the mix and then she calls me and be like, ‘Are you seeing this? Is everything OK? Do I need to do anything?’
“And, I’m like, ‘Just don’t listen. If you hear anything, like hear it from me.’”
The 25-year-old Robinson has emerged as an effective member of the Heat’s starting lineup. He’s averaged 12.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game in his nine starts this season.
Robinson was in the starting lineup for the shorthanded Heat on Tuesday night and ended up with a season-high 26 points, a total that included six 3-pointers.
There’s no indication that the Heat are on the verge of trading Robinson, but it seems clear that every mention of that possibility will have an eager listener in his mother.