- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Duncan Robinson hilariously explains how his mom freaks whenever she finds him in a trade rumor
- Updated: January 13, 2021
Robinson’s name has been mentioned in a number of trade rumors, and Robinson recently noted on J.J Redick’s podcast that any possible deal gets his mother’s attention.
“The one thing that has been kind of dangerous about the trade rumors is that my mom, who struggles with technology in general,” Robinson said. “I love her, obviously. But like she has some Heat app, I don’t even know how she has it. Like I don’t even know what app it is. It’s like not an official app. It’s like some blog or whatever. And she just gets all the updates pinged right to her phone, and occasionally it’ll boil over.
“And she’s like, ‘No, I’m not going to talk to Duncan about this. I’m not going to do it. I’m not going to do it.’ And then all of a sudden, ‘It’s like it has gone too far,’ and there’s like some reliable — quote, unquote — source who says that I’m like in the mix and then she calls me and be like, ‘Are you seeing this? Is everything OK? Do I need to do anything?’
“And, I’m like, ‘Just don’t listen. If you hear anything, like hear it from me.’”
The 25-year-old Robinson has emerged as an effective member of the Heat’s starting lineup. He’s averaged 12.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game in his nine starts this season.
Robinson was in the starting lineup for the shorthanded Heat on Tuesday night and ended up with a season-high 26 points, a total that included six 3-pointers.
There’s no indication that the Heat are on the verge of trading Robinson, but it seems clear that every mention of that possibility will have an eager listener in his mother.