- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Video: Draymond Green Praises LeBron’s Move to Miami Heat in 2010
- Updated: September 13, 2017
On Wednesday, Green told reporters that James’ 2010 decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and join the Heat has had a lasting impact on the league and a positive impact on its players.
“He (James) opened up a new door for guys. He gave guys a voice, you know? Willing to use that voice, and I’m not even sure at that time he knew what he was doing,” Green said. “You know, because there was so much backlash with it and all the other things, but it really opened up new doors for guys. Maybe he did know what he was doing, I don’t know. But he did something special for guys around the NBA, like you said, to take their career in y’all hands and go where you feel you want to go.”
See the rest of his response below.
James has dealt with the repercussions of leaving Cleveland for Miami since he made his decision. While fans and the media certainly view that part of James’ storied career in a negative light, Green’s response makes it clear that it is seen very differently by James’ colleagues around the NBA.