- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Video: Dion Waiters Says Heat Could Take Cavs in 7-Game Series
- Updated: July 11, 2017
As the NBA offseason continues, players and fans alike can’t help but look forward to the upcoming matchups that will ultimately decide the next NBA champion. On Tuesday, Miami Heat‘s Dion Waiters joined Fox Sports’ “Undisputed” to discuss the Heat’s place in the Eastern Conference. According to Waiters, the Heat may very well be the class of the East.
When co-host Skip Bayless asked Waiters who he believes would win in a playoff matchup between the Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers, the five-year pro didn’t mince words.
“I like our chances against anybody over seven games,” Waiters said. “We just different man, we dogs. We’re a bunch of dogs. That’s it. We come from the jungle. That’s our motto.”
Waiters went on to explain his confidence.
“Our lineup, our chemistry is just different. We got a bunch of guys who do every little thing. James Johnson plays one through five. We got Wayne Ellington. We got J-Rich (Josh Richardson), Justise Winslow. We got Kelly Olynyk now. We got Bam (Adebayo) here,” he told Bayless and co-host Shannon Sharpe. “Of course you got me, you got the dog. So I like our chances against anybody, and I should feel like that because I know what we can do.”
See what else Waiters had to say below:
— UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) July 11, 2017
Waiters’ confidence shouldn’t be that surprising to anyone. As he mentions earlier in the interview, the Heat won the regular season series against the Cavs three games to one last season. With the Cavaliers struggling to make a splash this offseason, and the Heat only getting stronger, a shift of power in the East could be on the horizon.