- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
Video: Dion Waiters Gives His Thoughts on Lonzo Ball Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: May 16, 2017
The Heat have a 98.2 percent chance of landing the No. 14 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, but that hasn’t stopped the shooting guard from voicing his opinion.
In a guest appearance on ESPN’s “First Take,” Waiters said that there’s no room for a player like UCLA guard Lonzo Ball.
Waiters on First Take today said Lonzo Ball doesn't fit with #Heat because they got Dragic, TJ and you gotta be "a dog" to play in Miami
— Tom D'Angelo (@tomdangelo44) May 16, 2017
The panel asked Waiters where some of his favorite landing spots were for the incoming rookie, or if he thought Miami would be a good fit.
Even though he seemed to take a swipe at Ball’s toughness, Waiters went on to express his support for the budding NBA prospect:
“I respect everything he’s doing,” said Waiters.