- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Video: Dion Waiters Gives His Thoughts on Lonzo Ball Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: May 16, 2017
The Heat have a 98.2 percent chance of landing the No. 14 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, but that hasn’t stopped the shooting guard from voicing his opinion.
In a guest appearance on ESPN’s “First Take,” Waiters said that there’s no room for a player like UCLA guard Lonzo Ball.
Waiters on First Take today said Lonzo Ball doesn't fit with #Heat because they got Dragic, TJ and you gotta be "a dog" to play in Miami
— Tom D'Angelo (@tomdangelo44) May 16, 2017
The panel asked Waiters where some of his favorite landing spots were for the incoming rookie, or if he thought Miami would be a good fit.
Even though he seemed to take a swipe at Ball’s toughness, Waiters went on to express his support for the budding NBA prospect:
“I respect everything he’s doing,” said Waiters.