- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Udonis Haslem says he’s not afraid to go at Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce as beef with Celtics still active
- Updated: March 28, 2021
Back when the Miami Heat were the most dominant team in the NBA during the Big 3 era, Udonis Haslem and company forged an enduring rivalry with former Boston Celtics stars Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.
While appearing on the “All the Smoke” podcast, Haslem indicated that the rivalry between the Heat and Celtics may never go away.
He also admitted that one day, he might have to fight Garnett and Pierce for their continued disrespect of Wade and James.
That time Paul Pierce said his career was better than DWade. UD still wants to see him ☠️☠️
"We might be 60 years old in the grocery store and might have to get it on at some point. I don't play like that" pic.twitter.com/MEftGlRtGr
— ALdonis DaSLASH™ (@AIR305) March 27, 2021
“If you look at a lot of the comments that Paul Pierce makes from the position he’s in now, I don’t hear him say too much good s— about Bron,” Haslem said. “I don’t hear him say too much good about Bron. When I look at the position he in, I hear him talking about D-Wade, and he say some crazy s— trying to compare careers. I’m like, ‘Come on man, what is you doing, man? You tripping.'”
He went on to say that while he has “great respect” for what Garnett did during his NBA career, he has taken exception to the disrespect Garnett has displayed for James and Wade as well.
“I don’t know, we might be 60 years old in the grocery store and might have to get it on at some point,” he said. “I don’t play like that.”
Finally, Haslem said that he also knows that the rivalry that exists between the players may never be over.
Clearly, Haslem has no problem standing up to people who come for his former teammates.
In the end, the numbers speak for themselves. While the Celtics got one championship with Pierce and Garnett, the Heat dominated the Eastern Conference shortly after that.