- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Updated: January 19, 2021
Harden was dealt to the Brooklyn Nets in a four-team deal, but it seems that Haslem would not have been a fan if the superstar came to Miami.
"You can't bring James Harden to Miami… I would've aged 15 years trying to be his OG." 😂
Udonis Haslem kept it real on Harden coming to the Heat.
— Complex Sports (@ComplexSports) January 19, 2021
“Man, when I woke up and seen that damn James Harden trade, I was asleep. I woke up and dropped my damn phone. I couldn’t believe it,” Haslem said. “I knew we wasn’t gonna get him. You can’t bring James Harden to Miami.
“As much as I wanted that to work out, in my mind I was like, ‘There ain’t no way.’”
Haslem continued after being asked if Harden would’ve been a fit with Miami’s culture as a team.
“I would’ve aged 15 years trying to be his OG. He would have had to move into the guest house to keep a close eye on him.”
Haslem has been Miami’s veteran leader for years and clearly knew that Harden’s off-the-court behavior would not have been a fit with the Heat.
Miami will now have to compete against Harden and the Nets in the East if it wants to make it back to the NBA Finals this season.