- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Trae Young Went Through Desperate Measures to Get Signed Jersey From Dwyane Wade
- Updated: January 7, 2019
Throughout Dwyane Wade’s final NBA season, players across the league have expressed their gratitude for what the future Hall of Famer has contributed over the past 16 years. Even rookies are jumping at the opportunity to show love and, as Atlanta’s Trae Young did after Sunday night’s matchup, participate in the coveted jersey swap.
“Trae text me like, ‘Yo, D. I need that jersey,’” remarked Wade. “Then he re-texted me last night like, ‘Yo, D. I need that jersey.'”
The jersey exchange was clearly important enough to Young that he had no problem asking twice. Wade appreciated the sentiment behind the 20-year-old’s texts.
“Definitely I’ve been able to switch jerseys with a lot of veterans in the league,” said Wade. “But it’s also good when the younger guys come in and they want your jersey as well.”
Up-and-comers like Young have seen Wade tearing up the court for as long as they can remember, and it’s good to see them paying their respects to one of the greats.