- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
Trae Young Went Through Desperate Measures to Get Signed Jersey From Dwyane Wade
- Updated: January 7, 2019
Throughout Dwyane Wade’s final NBA season, players across the league have expressed their gratitude for what the future Hall of Famer has contributed over the past 16 years. Even rookies are jumping at the opportunity to show love and, as Atlanta’s Trae Young did after Sunday night’s matchup, participate in the coveted jersey swap.
“Trae text me like, ‘Yo, D. I need that jersey,’” remarked Wade. “Then he re-texted me last night like, ‘Yo, D. I need that jersey.'”
The jersey exchange was clearly important enough to Young that he had no problem asking twice. Wade appreciated the sentiment behind the 20-year-old’s texts.
“Definitely I’ve been able to switch jerseys with a lot of veterans in the league,” said Wade. “But it’s also good when the younger guys come in and they want your jersey as well.”
Up-and-comers like Young have seen Wade tearing up the court for as long as they can remember, and it’s good to see them paying their respects to one of the greats.