- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Video: Miami Heat Social Media Page Hilariously Trolls LeBron James
- Updated: August 23, 2019
Thanks to #NBABlockWeek, the NBA and its partners’ social media accounts have been filled with highlights of epic swats in league history.
The video shows James driving to the hoop and getting rejected by Wade spliced with a clip of Idris Elba eating spicy wings and coughing uncontrollably. Elba’s insertion has become a popular meme as of late and added a bit of hilarity to the sequence, particularly when he uttered curse words after swallowing an extra hot one.
The block took place on March 27, 2018 when the Cleveland Cavaliers faced the Heat in Miami. It was one of the best highlights of the game, which ended in a 98-79 blowout win for the Heat. Wade finished the game with 12 points, four assists, and four blocks, two of them being against his good friend and former teammate.
Despite bringing the Heat to the Finals four times in the four years and winning two championships along the way during his tenure in Miami, James’ departure to Cleveland in 2014 still stings for some fans.
Clearly, the social media manager for the Heat hasn’t quite gotten over it either.