- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Video: Josh Richardson and Bam Adebayo Share Their Favorite Dwyane Wade Moment
- Updated: January 30, 2019
Dwyane Wade’s farewell tour is conjuring up incredible memories from his storied career, and earlier this week, two of Wade’s Miami Heat teammates took the time to share their favorite Wade-related memories.
“Top one for me is in Charlotte,” Richardson began. “Game 6 of the finals my rookie year. He had like 36 points and in the fourth, I was on the court actually, but it was like I was a fan. I was just standing there like, ‘Wow.’ He passed me the ball once, and I was like, ‘Don’t pass me the ball, you do it.'”
It was then that Adebayo spoke up to reveal a shocking twist of fate.
“Bro I was there! Bro it was amazing,” Adebayo said before being asked if that was his favorite Wade memory as well. “Yes. It’s my only NBA game I ever went to, that’s what’s crazy. And then I ended up getting drafted here. Ain’t that how life work? Ain’t it funny how life work?”
Richardson then interjected one last time.
“It was probably the greatest display I’ve ever seen from a player,” he said.
Memories like these are part of what makes Wade’s drawn-out farewell so special. It gives fans the opportunity to not only enjoy the here and now, but to also look back at all the incredible moments along the way.
For youngsters like Richardson and Adebayo, who clearly idolize Wade as a player, the ability to take the court with him in his final season is likely a dream come true.