- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Video: Jimmy Butler and Pat Riley Share Special Moment After Thrilling Miami Heat Win
- Updated: September 1, 2020
After being cast in the role of underdogs for much of the NBA season, the Miami Heat earned a surprising 115-104 win over the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 1 of their playoff series.
Dating back to his years as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, Riley and his teams have always been known for their resiliency.
Monday night’s Game 1 was yet another example of that characteristic.
The Heat fell behind 40-29 at the end of the first quarter as the Bucks dictated the style of play.
But Miami controlled the pace from that point on, and with the game hanging in the balance in the fourth quarter, Butler continually got buckets to keep Milwaukee at bay.
15 of Butler’s 40 points came in the final period as he reminded fans why he’s one of the league’s deadliest clutch performers.
Whether the Heat win or lose this series, Riley deserves plenty of credit for putting together a squad that has greatly surpassed initial expectations.