- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Video: Jimmy Butler and Pat Riley Share Special Moment After Thrilling Miami Heat Win
- Updated: September 1, 2020
After being cast in the role of underdogs for much of the NBA season, the Miami Heat earned a surprising 115-104 win over the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 1 of their playoff series.
Dating back to his years as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, Riley and his teams have always been known for their resiliency.
Monday night’s Game 1 was yet another example of that characteristic.
The Heat fell behind 40-29 at the end of the first quarter as the Bucks dictated the style of play.
But Miami controlled the pace from that point on, and with the game hanging in the balance in the fourth quarter, Butler continually got buckets to keep Milwaukee at bay.
15 of Butler’s 40 points came in the final period as he reminded fans why he’s one of the league’s deadliest clutch performers.
Whether the Heat win or lose this series, Riley deserves plenty of credit for putting together a squad that has greatly surpassed initial expectations.