- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Jimmy Butler guarantees Miami Heat will make NBA playoffs despite ‘terrible’ start to season
- Updated: February 19, 2021
Although the team’s immediate future looks bleak, sporting a record of 12-17, Butler remains optimistic about the second half of the season. Butler believes his team is playing “terrible” but firmly believes in Miami’s ability to turn things around.
Jimmy Butler doesn't mince words – we go 1-on-1 to discuss the Heat's uneven start to the season, Saturday night's Finals rematch with the Lakers and his budding acting career. Also: why he's just too mysterious for Jeopardy 😂 pic.twitter.com/4ttZYc230F
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) February 19, 2021
“Terrible,” Butler said of the Heat’s performance as of late. “Terrible, just terrible. Not the way that we say we want to play. Not the way we’re supposed to be playing, but it’s okay because we will turn it around and like the saying says, ‘Better late than never.'”
Despite the Heat’s struggles, Butler still believes his team will be playoff bound once again this year.
“Book it,” Butler said.
The Heat will have their hands full on Saturday in an NBA Finals rematch against the Los Angeles Lakers.