- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He’s Been Smiling Every Day Since Landing in Miami
- Kendrick Nunn Admits He Was ‘Shocked’ by Going Undrafted in 2018 NBA Draft
- Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Justise Winslow’s Recent Concussion
- Dion Waiters Finally Breaks Silence on 10-Game Suspension From Miami Heat
- Report: 3 Miami Heat Players Were Finalists for Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Dwyane Wade Pays Jason Williams Huge Compliment on His Birthday
- Dwyane Wade Indicates Bam Adebayo Should Win Major NBA Award
- Report: Miami Heat Have Plan to Sign Chris Silva to Full Deal Later This Season
- Miami Heat Update Injury Report Before Game vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
Jimmy Butler Explains Why He’s Been Smiling Every Day Since Landing in Miami
- Updated: November 19, 2019
With a record of 9-3, the Heat are currently the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference, and Butler can be thanked for much of that.
However, that on-court success isn’t the reason why Butler says he’s been smiling ever since his first day with the Heat. The reason for that is a bit more personal.
Asked @JimmyButler why he is smiling every day here…
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 19, 2019
“I got to pick where I wanted to go first of all. So of course, I’m gonna pick where it makes me happy,” Butler said. “It fits me. I’m allowed to be me. That’s why I’m constantly smiling because me may be wrong to a lot of people, but here me is good enough.”
It’s a pretty special thing to hear from a player who has often seemed out of place at his previous stops along the way to Miami.
So far this season, Butler is averaging 18.4 points, 7.2 assists and 5.8 rebounds per game. All three numbers exceed his career averages.
Miami has been able to overcome multiple off-court distractions as well as injuries to key players. While the season is certainly long and the future is unknown, it looks like Butler being Butler is going to work out quite well in South Florida.