- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Gabrielle Union Says Klay Thompson Was Better Than Dwyane Wade Last Season
- Updated: May 25, 2019
In a hilarious video, Wade asks Union if she was the one who voted for the three-time NBA champion, and she unapologetically replied by saying that Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson, who was an All-NBA snub, got her vote.
— r/Warriors (@GSWReddit) May 25, 2019
“So, I got news that I got a vote to be on the All-NBA team,” Wade said before asking his wife if the vote had come from her. “Baby, did you vote for me?”
She then offered which player she was rooting for to be named to the squad.
“I voted for Klay Thompson,” she said.
Thompson’s surprising snub not only impacts his pride, but his bank account as well. As a result of missing the squad, he missed out on a potential extra $30 million in contract money.
Later in the video, Wade thanked whoever voted for him, but assured his fans that he did not need it.
“I didn’t need the vote, but thank you, but I didn’t need it,” Wade continued in the video.
“You know who needed it? Klay Thompson,” said Union.