- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Gabrielle Union Says Klay Thompson Was Better Than Dwyane Wade Last Season
- Updated: May 25, 2019
In a hilarious video, Wade asks Union if she was the one who voted for the three-time NBA champion, and she unapologetically replied by saying that Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson, who was an All-NBA snub, got her vote.
— r/Warriors (@GSWReddit) May 25, 2019
“So, I got news that I got a vote to be on the All-NBA team,” Wade said before asking his wife if the vote had come from her. “Baby, did you vote for me?”
She then offered which player she was rooting for to be named to the squad.
“I voted for Klay Thompson,” she said.
Thompson’s surprising snub not only impacts his pride, but his bank account as well. As a result of missing the squad, he missed out on a potential extra $30 million in contract money.
Later in the video, Wade thanked whoever voted for him, but assured his fans that he did not need it.
“I didn’t need the vote, but thank you, but I didn’t need it,” Wade continued in the video.
“You know who needed it? Klay Thompson,” said Union.