- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Gabrielle Union Says Klay Thompson Was Better Than Dwyane Wade Last Season
- Updated: May 25, 2019
In a hilarious video, Wade asks Union if she was the one who voted for the three-time NBA champion, and she unapologetically replied by saying that Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson, who was an All-NBA snub, got her vote.
— r/Warriors (@GSWReddit) May 25, 2019
“So, I got news that I got a vote to be on the All-NBA team,” Wade said before asking his wife if the vote had come from her. “Baby, did you vote for me?”
She then offered which player she was rooting for to be named to the squad.
“I voted for Klay Thompson,” she said.
Thompson’s surprising snub not only impacts his pride, but his bank account as well. As a result of missing the squad, he missed out on a potential extra $30 million in contract money.
Later in the video, Wade thanked whoever voted for him, but assured his fans that he did not need it.
“I didn’t need the vote, but thank you, but I didn’t need it,” Wade continued in the video.
“You know who needed it? Klay Thompson,” said Union.