- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Gabrielle Union Says Klay Thompson Was Better Than Dwyane Wade Last Season
- Updated: May 25, 2019
In a hilarious video, Wade asks Union if she was the one who voted for the three-time NBA champion, and she unapologetically replied by saying that Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson, who was an All-NBA snub, got her vote.
— r/Warriors (@GSWReddit) May 25, 2019
“So, I got news that I got a vote to be on the All-NBA team,” Wade said before asking his wife if the vote had come from her. “Baby, did you vote for me?”
She then offered which player she was rooting for to be named to the squad.
“I voted for Klay Thompson,” she said.
Thompson’s surprising snub not only impacts his pride, but his bank account as well. As a result of missing the squad, he missed out on a potential extra $30 million in contract money.
Later in the video, Wade thanked whoever voted for him, but assured his fans that he did not need it.
“I didn’t need the vote, but thank you, but I didn’t need it,” Wade continued in the video.
“You know who needed it? Klay Thompson,” said Union.