- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Dwyane Wade’s Daughter Has Hilarious Reaction to Being Recorded in Video
- Updated: July 12, 2019
Dwyane Wade was recording several videos with his daughter until she got fed up with them. Wade was joined by his daughter, eight-month-old Kaavia James Union Wade, in a series of videos which he posted on his Instagram story.
After a while, Kaavia Wade got upset because she couldn’t get her hands on her dad’s phone.
Retirement has given Dwyane Wade plenty of time to spend with his children.
As evidenced by the videos he recently posted, he is taking fatherhood seriously. That shouldn’t come as a surprise, since he was a recipient of the Father of the Year Award in 2007. He was among eight men who was honored during the 66th Annual National Father of the Year Luncheon.
In 2013, the Miami Heat legend authored a book titled, “A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball,” where he shared that his most cherished goal was to be a good father to his children.
“I was looking forward to sharing this with my son,” Wade told reporters. “No disrespect to my other kids, to my wife, or my mom or anybody, but me and Zaire started this thing together.
“I was a 19-year-old father, and to be here at 37 and have my 17-year-old son be here, really understand what’s going on and be really close to his next level after high school. I want to give him this inspiration. I want to inspire him that, for real, anything is possible. I wanted him to be here to feel it, to see it.”
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Wade is widely considered to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game. But when he is with his family, Dwyane Wade simply wants to be the best dad he can be.