- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Video: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Clown Mario Chalmers Over His Stubbornness
- Updated: April 5, 2020
In a recent conversation between Wade and Haslem, the two Heat legends couldn’t help but clown Chalmers while telling a story about a potential game-winning shot during the Big 3 era.
— gifdsports (@gifdsports) April 5, 2020
“I think it was you and ‘Bron (LeBron James),” Haslem began. “Ya’ll took a game-winning shot, we missed it, we went into overtime. I think Rio (Chalmers) tapped you or ‘Bron and said, ‘I was open.'”
Wade and Haslem then burst out laughing.
“Yo, he (Chalmers) wanted it,” Wade said. “When he had to get a ball up to me and ‘Bron down the stretch, you could see a little hesitation in him before he passed it like, ‘Man, I really want to shoot this.'”
Chalmers had a successful career with the Heat. He served as the team’s starting point guard for much of the Big 3 era. In his career, he averaged 8.9 points, 3.7 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game.
Still, the thought that a player of Chalmers’ caliber would take a potential game-winner over historic greats such as Wade or James is certainly laughable.
Haslem finished the anecdote with words of strong praise for his former teammate.
“Man listen,” he said. “I’m taking Rio down the fox hole seven days a week and twice on Sunday.”