- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dwyane Wade Talks About Time Kobe Bryant Called Him for Advice During Playoffs
- Updated: February 17, 2019
When Wade sat down with fellow NBA great Kevin Garnett for an in-depth discussion, one of the topics of conversation was Wade’s relationship with Kobe Bryant.
Wade explained how he went from admiring Bryant, to competing against him, to finally offering him advice during one of Bryant’s deep playoff runs.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 16, 2019
“One of the coolest moments for me in my career was, I’m out of the playoffs and Kobe is in the playoffs and he calls me and says, ‘D, they guarding me like this. I know you’re great at pick and rolls, you great at splitting. What should I do?'” Wade remembered. “So I give him my whole, ‘This is what I look for, this is what I do.’ I get off the phone, I lost it. I was like, ‘Kobe just called me!’ You know what I’m saying?”
It’s an incredible memory and a wonderful look inside the life of some of the game’s biggest stars.
While Bryant is widely considered to be one of the best shooting guards of all time, Wade is right up there with him. To hear about the relationship that the two have together is something truly fascinating.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to near the end of his career, he will continue to share similarly fantastic stories and memories.