- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Dwyane Wade Talks About Time Kobe Bryant Called Him for Advice During Playoffs
- Updated: February 17, 2019
When Wade sat down with fellow NBA great Kevin Garnett for an in-depth discussion, one of the topics of conversation was Wade’s relationship with Kobe Bryant.
Wade explained how he went from admiring Bryant, to competing against him, to finally offering him advice during one of Bryant’s deep playoff runs.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 16, 2019
“One of the coolest moments for me in my career was, I’m out of the playoffs and Kobe is in the playoffs and he calls me and says, ‘D, they guarding me like this. I know you’re great at pick and rolls, you great at splitting. What should I do?'” Wade remembered. “So I give him my whole, ‘This is what I look for, this is what I do.’ I get off the phone, I lost it. I was like, ‘Kobe just called me!’ You know what I’m saying?”
It’s an incredible memory and a wonderful look inside the life of some of the game’s biggest stars.
While Bryant is widely considered to be one of the best shooting guards of all time, Wade is right up there with him. To hear about the relationship that the two have together is something truly fascinating.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to near the end of his career, he will continue to share similarly fantastic stories and memories.