- Bam Adebayo Joins in on Fun, Clowns Hassan Whiteside After Scrimmage
- Tyler Herro Takes Blatant Shot at Hassan Whiteside via Social Media
- LeBron James Shouts Out Dwyane Wade for ‘Space Jam’ Alley-Oop
- Dwyane Wade’s Latest Social Media Activity Indicates That He’s Recruiting Anthony Davis to Miami Heat
- Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- 3 Landing Spots for Bradley Beal If Washington Wizards Decide to Trade Him
- Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Report: Miami Heat Are Looking for Starting-Caliber Small Forward
- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
Dwyane Wade Talks About Time Kobe Bryant Called Him for Advice During Playoffs
- Updated: February 17, 2019
When Wade sat down with fellow NBA great Kevin Garnett for an in-depth discussion, one of the topics of conversation was Wade’s relationship with Kobe Bryant.
Wade explained how he went from admiring Bryant, to competing against him, to finally offering him advice during one of Bryant’s deep playoff runs.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 16, 2019
“One of the coolest moments for me in my career was, I’m out of the playoffs and Kobe is in the playoffs and he calls me and says, ‘D, they guarding me like this. I know you’re great at pick and rolls, you great at splitting. What should I do?'” Wade remembered. “So I give him my whole, ‘This is what I look for, this is what I do.’ I get off the phone, I lost it. I was like, ‘Kobe just called me!’ You know what I’m saying?”
It’s an incredible memory and a wonderful look inside the life of some of the game’s biggest stars.
While Bryant is widely considered to be one of the best shooting guards of all time, Wade is right up there with him. To hear about the relationship that the two have together is something truly fascinating.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to near the end of his career, he will continue to share similarly fantastic stories and memories.