- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Dwyane Wade Talks About Time Kobe Bryant Called Him for Advice During Playoffs
- Updated: February 17, 2019
When Wade sat down with fellow NBA great Kevin Garnett for an in-depth discussion, one of the topics of conversation was Wade’s relationship with Kobe Bryant.
Wade explained how he went from admiring Bryant, to competing against him, to finally offering him advice during one of Bryant’s deep playoff runs.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 16, 2019
“One of the coolest moments for me in my career was, I’m out of the playoffs and Kobe is in the playoffs and he calls me and says, ‘D, they guarding me like this. I know you’re great at pick and rolls, you great at splitting. What should I do?'” Wade remembered. “So I give him my whole, ‘This is what I look for, this is what I do.’ I get off the phone, I lost it. I was like, ‘Kobe just called me!’ You know what I’m saying?”
It’s an incredible memory and a wonderful look inside the life of some of the game’s biggest stars.
While Bryant is widely considered to be one of the best shooting guards of all time, Wade is right up there with him. To hear about the relationship that the two have together is something truly fascinating.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to near the end of his career, he will continue to share similarly fantastic stories and memories.