- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Updated: September 25, 2020
The Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers are both one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Heat legend Dwyane Wade talked to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith about what such a matchup would be like.
"We know the personal feelings for both guys when it comes to both organizations."
(🎥 ESPN) pic.twitter.com/YijsD73wIy
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) September 25, 2020
Riley started his storied career with the Lakers, where he won multiple championships first as a player and then a coach.
Of course, it was Riley who recruited James to come to play with Wade in 2010 to form the Big 3 era that brought back-to-back NBA titles to South Florida.
This year, the Heat have surprised just about everyone by first blasting the heavily favored Milwaukee Bucks four games to one in the second round of the playoffs, then taking a 3-1 lead over the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.
A Finals matchup between the Heat and Lakers would certainly be a very interesting grudge match between two of basketball’s giants in James and Riley.