- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Updated: September 25, 2020
The Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers are both one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Heat legend Dwyane Wade talked to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith about what such a matchup would be like.
"We know the personal feelings for both guys when it comes to both organizations."
(🎥 ESPN) pic.twitter.com/YijsD73wIy
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) September 25, 2020
Riley started his storied career with the Lakers, where he won multiple championships first as a player and then a coach.
Of course, it was Riley who recruited James to come to play with Wade in 2010 to form the Big 3 era that brought back-to-back NBA titles to South Florida.
This year, the Heat have surprised just about everyone by first blasting the heavily favored Milwaukee Bucks four games to one in the second round of the playoffs, then taking a 3-1 lead over the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.
A Finals matchup between the Heat and Lakers would certainly be a very interesting grudge match between two of basketball’s giants in James and Riley.