- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Video: Dwyane Wade Shares Special Moment With Father Who Named Son Dwyane Wade
- Updated: March 19, 2019
Dwyane Wade has been swapping jerseys and signing memorabilia all season long as part of his farewell tour. Following Monday’s win over the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Miami Heat star got an opportunity to see how far his impact has gone.
Following the game, one fan told Wade that he had named his son after him.
When you meet your son’s namesake.
— Jeff Eisenband (@JeffEisenband) March 19, 2019
“I named my kid after you bro,” the fan said. “His name’s Dwyane Wade Willams. That’s my son’s name. Yes sir. I love you bro.”
Wade certainly seemed like he appreciated hearing it straight from the fan at the time, and a few hours later he took to Twitter to make sure the fan knew how much it meant to the three-time champion.
This is Love! https://t.co/7ql128sjJt
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 19, 2019
Wade’s final season has given players, coaches, fans, and everyone in between time to express their gratitude for the impact Wade has had on the game of basketball. Clearly, Wade’s impact has gone much further than the basketball court.
The Heat have just 12 games left on their regular season schedule. While it is still not a guarantee, they are currently on track to advance to the playoffs.
Wade calling it a career after a final postseason run would be the perfect cherry on top of a season that he and his fans will surely never forget.