- Tyler Herro Discusses Skill Set He’s ‘Working Really Hard’ to Improve Inside NBA Bubble
- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
- Mario Chalmers Once Got Into Heated Confrontation With LeBron James After Telling Him to ‘Stop Playing Like a B—h’
- Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler on Track to Return Monday Against T.J. Warren and Indiana Pacers
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro Gives Thoughts on Playing Point Guard After Incredible Performance vs. Phoenix Suns
- Video: Devin Booker and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It During Miami Heat-Phoenix Suns Matchup
- Miami Heat’s Jae Crowder Continues to Beg for Justice for Breonna Taylor After 148 Days Pass Since Her Murder
- Dwyane Wade’s Hyped Reaction After Seeing Rodney McGruder Hit Game-Winning 3 Against Trail Blazers
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
Video: Dwyane Wade Sends Epic Care Package to High Schooler Battling Cancer
- Updated: June 12, 2019
The most recent instance came when he sent a care package to a Georgia teenager who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Chase McDaniel is a student at Carrollton High School and a linebacker on the school’s football team. He was diagnosed last month with stage 3 lymphoma cancer on the same day that he was scheduled to attend Carrollton’s prom. Despite the devastating news, he ended up attending the event.
Wade’s care package included items from his clothing line as well as a pair of autographed shoes, with McDaniel’s football coach capturing the moment on camera.
Chase McDaniel got a tremendous surprise in the mail from @DwyaneWade !!! What a special human being, who’s impact outside the game of basketball is something we should all admire and emulate !!! #MyBeliefIsStrongerThanYourDoubt pic.twitter.com/Sf48W2zmCT
— Sean Calhoun (@CoachHoon) June 10, 2019
Also included in the package was an inspirational message from Wade:
“My belief is stronger than your doubt.”
McDaniel was visibly stunned by the gesture and declared Wade as greatest player of all time, but was otherwise at a loss for words.
Fans in South Florida are likely the least surprised by Wade’s decision to send the gift. That’s because they’ve witnessed countless gestures that were similar to this one throughout the years, with Wade embracing the concept of being a role model for the community.
It also serves as ample reason why the Miami area became known as “Wade County” during his playing career.