- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Video: Dwyane Wade Sends Epic Care Package to High Schooler Battling Cancer
- Updated: June 12, 2019
The most recent instance came when he sent a care package to a Georgia teenager who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Chase McDaniel is a student at Carrollton High School and a linebacker on the school’s football team. He was diagnosed last month with stage 3 lymphoma cancer on the same day that he was scheduled to attend Carrollton’s prom. Despite the devastating news, he ended up attending the event.
Wade’s care package included items from his clothing line as well as a pair of autographed shoes, with McDaniel’s football coach capturing the moment on camera.
Chase McDaniel got a tremendous surprise in the mail from @DwyaneWade !!! What a special human being, who’s impact outside the game of basketball is something we should all admire and emulate !!! #MyBeliefIsStrongerThanYourDoubt pic.twitter.com/Sf48W2zmCT
— Sean Calhoun (@CoachHoon) June 10, 2019
Also included in the package was an inspirational message from Wade:
“My belief is stronger than your doubt.”
McDaniel was visibly stunned by the gesture and declared Wade as greatest player of all time, but was otherwise at a loss for words.
Fans in South Florida are likely the least surprised by Wade’s decision to send the gift. That’s because they’ve witnessed countless gestures that were similar to this one throughout the years, with Wade embracing the concept of being a role model for the community.
It also serves as ample reason why the Miami area became known as “Wade County” during his playing career.