- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Video: Dwyane Wade Sends Epic Care Package to High Schooler Battling Cancer
- Updated: June 12, 2019
The most recent instance came when he sent a care package to a Georgia teenager who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Chase McDaniel is a student at Carrollton High School and a linebacker on the school’s football team. He was diagnosed last month with stage 3 lymphoma cancer on the same day that he was scheduled to attend Carrollton’s prom. Despite the devastating news, he ended up attending the event.
Wade’s care package included items from his clothing line as well as a pair of autographed shoes, with McDaniel’s football coach capturing the moment on camera.
Chase McDaniel got a tremendous surprise in the mail from @DwyaneWade !!! What a special human being, who’s impact outside the game of basketball is something we should all admire and emulate !!! #MyBeliefIsStrongerThanYourDoubt pic.twitter.com/Sf48W2zmCT
— Sean Calhoun (@CoachHoon) June 10, 2019
Also included in the package was an inspirational message from Wade:
“My belief is stronger than your doubt.”
McDaniel was visibly stunned by the gesture and declared Wade as greatest player of all time, but was otherwise at a loss for words.
Fans in South Florida are likely the least surprised by Wade’s decision to send the gift. That’s because they’ve witnessed countless gestures that were similar to this one throughout the years, with Wade embracing the concept of being a role model for the community.
It also serves as ample reason why the Miami area became known as “Wade County” during his playing career.