- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Video: Dwyane Wade Sends Epic Care Package to High Schooler Battling Cancer
- Updated: June 12, 2019
The most recent instance came when he sent a care package to a Georgia teenager who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Chase McDaniel is a student at Carrollton High School and a linebacker on the school’s football team. He was diagnosed last month with stage 3 lymphoma cancer on the same day that he was scheduled to attend Carrollton’s prom. Despite the devastating news, he ended up attending the event.
Wade’s care package included items from his clothing line as well as a pair of autographed shoes, with McDaniel’s football coach capturing the moment on camera.
Chase McDaniel got a tremendous surprise in the mail from @DwyaneWade !!! What a special human being, who’s impact outside the game of basketball is something we should all admire and emulate !!! #MyBeliefIsStrongerThanYourDoubt pic.twitter.com/Sf48W2zmCT
— Sean Calhoun (@CoachHoon) June 10, 2019
Also included in the package was an inspirational message from Wade:
“My belief is stronger than your doubt.”
McDaniel was visibly stunned by the gesture and declared Wade as greatest player of all time, but was otherwise at a loss for words.
Fans in South Florida are likely the least surprised by Wade’s decision to send the gift. That’s because they’ve witnessed countless gestures that were similar to this one throughout the years, with Wade embracing the concept of being a role model for the community.
It also serves as ample reason why the Miami area became known as “Wade County” during his playing career.