- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
Dwyane Wade Remembers How Kobe Bryant Reacted to Getting His Nose Broken in All-Star Game
- Updated: February 18, 2019
In that game, Wade let his passion get the better of him and ended up breaking Bryant’s nose as he was guarding him.
While fans might assume that Bryant would be angry about his broken nose, Wade explained to Kevin Garnett that the five-time NBA champion had quite the opposite response.
“Me and Kobe got into a little tussle in the All-Star Game, and I ended up hitting him the wrong way and he broke his nose,” Wade remembered. “So after the All-Star break, we got the Lakers about three games after the break. I call him. I didn’t maliciously do it. I called him and said ‘Yo Kobe,’ and he was like ‘Bro, I love it.’ I’m like, ‘You what?’ He’s like ‘I love it. I’ll see you in a couple days.’ And I’m like ‘Oh snap.’ And he gave it to me too, boy.”
Bryant is one of the most infamous competitors in NBA history, and it seems clear that Wade gave Bryant the fire he needed to stay competitive in the final stretch of that season.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to look back at his incredible NBA career, fans will get to hear many more hilarious stories such as this one.