- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year award over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
Dwyane Wade Remembers How Kobe Bryant Reacted to Getting His Nose Broken in All-Star Game
- Updated: February 18, 2019
In that game, Wade let his passion get the better of him and ended up breaking Bryant’s nose as he was guarding him.
While fans might assume that Bryant would be angry about his broken nose, Wade explained to Kevin Garnett that the five-time NBA champion had quite the opposite response.
“Me and Kobe got into a little tussle in the All-Star Game, and I ended up hitting him the wrong way and he broke his nose,” Wade remembered. “So after the All-Star break, we got the Lakers about three games after the break. I call him. I didn’t maliciously do it. I called him and said ‘Yo Kobe,’ and he was like ‘Bro, I love it.’ I’m like, ‘You what?’ He’s like ‘I love it. I’ll see you in a couple days.’ And I’m like ‘Oh snap.’ And he gave it to me too, boy.”
Bryant is one of the most infamous competitors in NBA history, and it seems clear that Wade gave Bryant the fire he needed to stay competitive in the final stretch of that season.
Hopefully, as Wade continues to look back at his incredible NBA career, fans will get to hear many more hilarious stories such as this one.