- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Updated: November 28, 2020
During his career in the NBA, Dwyane Wade won three titles and the distinction as one of the best shooting guards in league history.
View this post on Instagram
“Me and Jimmy were going on a two-week road trip and Rondo is a shark,” Wade said. “Rondo is one of those guys that he can probably count all the cards. He shouldn’t play; he’s too smart.
“So we were gambling with him and Jimmy says, ‘D, how much money you going to bring?’ I said, ‘We’re going on a two-week trip and I feel like man I’m going to bring a lot of money. I’m going to bring $50,000.’ I can lose $50,000 for this trip. I mean, not lose, but I’ll lose.”
Wade was confident that he could bring that amount of money and stretch it out over the course of a two-week road trip. That didn’t turn out to be the case.
“I lost $50,000 within two hours on the plane ride,” Wade said. “We didn’t even get to the city we were going to, and you know who else lost it? Jimmy Butler lost as well.”
Needless to say, Wade and Butler learned their lesson when it came to gambling with Rondo during road trips.