- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Dwyane Wade Recounts Hilarious Pre-Draft Story Involving Quentin Richardson’s Closet
- Updated: April 30, 2019
As legendary as Dwyane Wade is now in Miami, there was a time before the NBA when the three-time NBA champion wasn’t so revered.
In an episode of “Knuckleheads,” Wade recounted a time before he was drafted to the NBA when he encountered a hilarious moment with former NBA player Quentin Richardson.
— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) April 30, 2019
“So like I’m going through that year right. And like of course I want to go to the league, but still I’m like, ‘No one’s really talking about me like that.’ So I’m on the phone with Q (Richardson), he’s like, ‘I just wanted to tell you, I’m sitting up in the office, and your name was on the draft boards.’ And I’m like, ‘For real? You think I can come out?’
“So we got there, we hang out at TGI Fridays and we go back to Q crib. And I remember going in his closet bro, and I’m just sitting there like, ‘Ahhh.’ Q’s like, ‘Man go in there and grab you some.’ I was in that closet boy!
“The thing was too all of Q’s, he wore No. 3 like I wore No. 3, so everything had my number on it too. Packed a couple pair of shoes, a couple sweatsuits. So, I get back to campus, I’m stuntin.’ I put on a Jordan sweatsuit right away.”
Richardson played one season with Wade and the Heat from 2009 to 2010 and averaged 8.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game during that season.