- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Dwyane Wade Recounts Hilarious Pre-Draft Story Involving Quentin Richardson’s Closet
- Updated: April 30, 2019
As legendary as Dwyane Wade is now in Miami, there was a time before the NBA when the three-time NBA champion wasn’t so revered.
In an episode of “Knuckleheads,” Wade recounted a time before he was drafted to the NBA when he encountered a hilarious moment with former NBA player Quentin Richardson.
— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) April 30, 2019
“So like I’m going through that year right. And like of course I want to go to the league, but still I’m like, ‘No one’s really talking about me like that.’ So I’m on the phone with Q (Richardson), he’s like, ‘I just wanted to tell you, I’m sitting up in the office, and your name was on the draft boards.’ And I’m like, ‘For real? You think I can come out?’
“So we got there, we hang out at TGI Fridays and we go back to Q crib. And I remember going in his closet bro, and I’m just sitting there like, ‘Ahhh.’ Q’s like, ‘Man go in there and grab you some.’ I was in that closet boy!
“The thing was too all of Q’s, he wore No. 3 like I wore No. 3, so everything had my number on it too. Packed a couple pair of shoes, a couple sweatsuits. So, I get back to campus, I’m stuntin.’ I put on a Jordan sweatsuit right away.”
Richardson played one season with Wade and the Heat from 2009 to 2010 and averaged 8.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game during that season.