- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Dwyane Wade Recounts Hilarious Pre-Draft Story Involving Quentin Richardson’s Closet
- Updated: April 30, 2019
As legendary as Dwyane Wade is now in Miami, there was a time before the NBA when the three-time NBA champion wasn’t so revered.
In an episode of “Knuckleheads,” Wade recounted a time before he was drafted to the NBA when he encountered a hilarious moment with former NBA player Quentin Richardson.
— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) April 30, 2019
“So like I’m going through that year right. And like of course I want to go to the league, but still I’m like, ‘No one’s really talking about me like that.’ So I’m on the phone with Q (Richardson), he’s like, ‘I just wanted to tell you, I’m sitting up in the office, and your name was on the draft boards.’ And I’m like, ‘For real? You think I can come out?’
“So we got there, we hang out at TGI Fridays and we go back to Q crib. And I remember going in his closet bro, and I’m just sitting there like, ‘Ahhh.’ Q’s like, ‘Man go in there and grab you some.’ I was in that closet boy!
“The thing was too all of Q’s, he wore No. 3 like I wore No. 3, so everything had my number on it too. Packed a couple pair of shoes, a couple sweatsuits. So, I get back to campus, I’m stuntin.’ I put on a Jordan sweatsuit right away.”
Richardson played one season with Wade and the Heat from 2009 to 2010 and averaged 8.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game during that season.