- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Video: Dwyane Wade Embarrasses Chinese Defender During Basketball Tour
- Updated: July 1, 2019
During a trip to China, Wade put those skills on display and dazzled the attentive audience in the process.
The 37-year-old Wade was in Shenzhen, Guangdong, competing against Chinese players while on a tour of the vast country. In the brief clip, he manages to easily drive to the basket to score, before then using his defensive ability to collect a steal and follow up with a quick basket.
Last year, when Wade was deciding whether or not to return for one more year, he received a lucrative offer from a Chinese team to play for it. Rejecting that offer allowed Wade to be recognized across the NBA, with opposing crowds giving him standing ovations and other teams offering tribute videos to recognize his legendary career.
During his final season, Wade was able to avoid the usual stumbles of aging athletes who try to close out legendary careers on a positive note. He averaged 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and managed to connect on a career-high 33 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
That performance led many of his fellow players, as well as fans, to urge him to reconsider his retirement pledge. Wade has rejected those requests, though he did joke about possibly returning to the court if the Heat were successful in acquiring shooting guard Jimmy Butler.