- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Video: Dwyane Wade Embarrasses Chinese Defender During Basketball Tour
- Updated: July 1, 2019
During a trip to China, Wade put those skills on display and dazzled the attentive audience in the process.
The 37-year-old Wade was in Shenzhen, Guangdong, competing against Chinese players while on a tour of the vast country. In the brief clip, he manages to easily drive to the basket to score, before then using his defensive ability to collect a steal and follow up with a quick basket.
Last year, when Wade was deciding whether or not to return for one more year, he received a lucrative offer from a Chinese team to play for it. Rejecting that offer allowed Wade to be recognized across the NBA, with opposing crowds giving him standing ovations and other teams offering tribute videos to recognize his legendary career.
During his final season, Wade was able to avoid the usual stumbles of aging athletes who try to close out legendary careers on a positive note. He averaged 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and managed to connect on a career-high 33 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
That performance led many of his fellow players, as well as fans, to urge him to reconsider his retirement pledge. Wade has rejected those requests, though he did joke about possibly returning to the court if the Heat were successful in acquiring shooting guard Jimmy Butler.