- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Video: Dwyane Wade Embarrasses Chinese Defender During Basketball Tour
- Updated: July 1, 2019
During a trip to China, Wade put those skills on display and dazzled the attentive audience in the process.
The 37-year-old Wade was in Shenzhen, Guangdong, competing against Chinese players while on a tour of the vast country. In the brief clip, he manages to easily drive to the basket to score, before then using his defensive ability to collect a steal and follow up with a quick basket.
Last year, when Wade was deciding whether or not to return for one more year, he received a lucrative offer from a Chinese team to play for it. Rejecting that offer allowed Wade to be recognized across the NBA, with opposing crowds giving him standing ovations and other teams offering tribute videos to recognize his legendary career.
During his final season, Wade was able to avoid the usual stumbles of aging athletes who try to close out legendary careers on a positive note. He averaged 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and managed to connect on a career-high 33 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
That performance led many of his fellow players, as well as fans, to urge him to reconsider his retirement pledge. Wade has rejected those requests, though he did joke about possibly returning to the court if the Heat were successful in acquiring shooting guard Jimmy Butler.