- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
Video: Dwyane Wade Embarrasses Chinese Defender During Basketball Tour
- Updated: July 1, 2019
During a trip to China, Wade put those skills on display and dazzled the attentive audience in the process.
The 37-year-old Wade was in Shenzhen, Guangdong, competing against Chinese players while on a tour of the vast country. In the brief clip, he manages to easily drive to the basket to score, before then using his defensive ability to collect a steal and follow up with a quick basket.
Last year, when Wade was deciding whether or not to return for one more year, he received a lucrative offer from a Chinese team to play for it. Rejecting that offer allowed Wade to be recognized across the NBA, with opposing crowds giving him standing ovations and other teams offering tribute videos to recognize his legendary career.
During his final season, Wade was able to avoid the usual stumbles of aging athletes who try to close out legendary careers on a positive note. He averaged 15.0 points, 4.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and managed to connect on a career-high 33 percent of his shots from beyond the arc.
That performance led many of his fellow players, as well as fans, to urge him to reconsider his retirement pledge. Wade has rejected those requests, though he did joke about possibly returning to the court if the Heat were successful in acquiring shooting guard Jimmy Butler.