- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Video: Dwyane Wade Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Clowns On His Dribbling Skills
- Updated: August 23, 2019
The former Miami Heat star congratulated Ross on his achievement in an Instagram story while the celebrated rapper was seen playing with a basketball in the background.
“Big ups to my big homie for having the No. 1 album, man,” Wade said. “‘Port of Miami 2’ if you all ain’t listening, listen to it over and over and over again, dawg.”
Wade, however, knocked his friend off the pedestal a bit by making fun of his basketball skills.
“I don’t know what you’re doing with that, though,” he said. “That ain’t it!”
Being one of the best players in the league during his heyday gave Wade some leeway to poke a little bit of fun at Ross.
Wade also posted a series of pictures with Ross, repping the 305 area code.
Ross’ album took the No. 1 slot on the Aug. 24 list of the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Interestingly, during this same week 13 years ago, “Port of Miami” also debuted at the top of the Aug. 26, 2006 chart.
Ross is a huge Heat supporter, often seen at American Airlines Arena to cheer on the team.
Beginning in the 2019-20 regular season, fans might now find him sitting alongside the recently retired Wade.