- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
Dion Waiters Pays Homage to Dwyane Wade: ‘I Get to Learn From One of the Best’
- Updated: January 22, 2019
There’s plenty of uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat and the role Dion Waiters will play going forward, but there’s no doubt that the 27-year-old has a great deal of respect for the veterans who came before him.
After Monday’s 107-99 loss to the Boston Celtics, Waiters talked about how he’s acclimated to playing alongside a player like Dwyane Wade.
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 22, 2019
“I get to learn from one of the best,” said Waiters. “He allows you to be you. He allows you to play your game. I understand that I won’t have the ball as much in my hands because, you know, he’s out there, he’s facilitating. You know, we do similar things, make plays, get guys involved, create our own shots…”
There’s no doubt that Waiters has been unhappy since coming back from his year-long injury. However, he clearly understands how beneficial playing alongside Wade can be.