- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Dion Waiters Pays Homage to Dwyane Wade: ‘I Get to Learn From One of the Best’
- Updated: January 22, 2019
There’s plenty of uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat and the role Dion Waiters will play going forward, but there’s no doubt that the 27-year-old has a great deal of respect for the veterans who came before him.
After Monday’s 107-99 loss to the Boston Celtics, Waiters talked about how he’s acclimated to playing alongside a player like Dwyane Wade.
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 22, 2019
“I get to learn from one of the best,” said Waiters. “He allows you to be you. He allows you to play your game. I understand that I won’t have the ball as much in my hands because, you know, he’s out there, he’s facilitating. You know, we do similar things, make plays, get guys involved, create our own shots…”
There’s no doubt that Waiters has been unhappy since coming back from his year-long injury. However, he clearly understands how beneficial playing alongside Wade can be.