- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Dion Waiters Pays Homage to Dwyane Wade: ‘I Get to Learn From One of the Best’
- Updated: January 22, 2019
There’s plenty of uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat and the role Dion Waiters will play going forward, but there’s no doubt that the 27-year-old has a great deal of respect for the veterans who came before him.
After Monday’s 107-99 loss to the Boston Celtics, Waiters talked about how he’s acclimated to playing alongside a player like Dwyane Wade.
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 22, 2019
“I get to learn from one of the best,” said Waiters. “He allows you to be you. He allows you to play your game. I understand that I won’t have the ball as much in my hands because, you know, he’s out there, he’s facilitating. You know, we do similar things, make plays, get guys involved, create our own shots…”
There’s no doubt that Waiters has been unhappy since coming back from his year-long injury. However, he clearly understands how beneficial playing alongside Wade can be.