- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
Dion Waiters Pays Homage to Dwyane Wade: ‘I Get to Learn From One of the Best’
- Updated: January 22, 2019
There’s plenty of uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat and the role Dion Waiters will play going forward, but there’s no doubt that the 27-year-old has a great deal of respect for the veterans who came before him.
After Monday’s 107-99 loss to the Boston Celtics, Waiters talked about how he’s acclimated to playing alongside a player like Dwyane Wade.
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 22, 2019
“I get to learn from one of the best,” said Waiters. “He allows you to be you. He allows you to play your game. I understand that I won’t have the ball as much in my hands because, you know, he’s out there, he’s facilitating. You know, we do similar things, make plays, get guys involved, create our own shots…”
There’s no doubt that Waiters has been unhappy since coming back from his year-long injury. However, he clearly understands how beneficial playing alongside Wade can be.