- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Video: Dion Waiters Scores His First Points of the 2018-19 Season
- Updated: January 2, 2019
Dion Waiters is back.
The shooting guard returned to the Miami Heat on Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers, after an absence of more than a year. And in the second quarter he did what he does best, knocking in a jumper for his first points of the season.
— SLAM (@SLAMonline) January 3, 2019
Waiters, who has been dealing with an ankle issue, hadn’t seen the court since Dec. 22, 2017. Seeing him take the court, and knock down a shot, was a very welcome sight for all Heat fans.
The sixth-year guard, who is in his third season with the Heat, has a career average of 13.3 points per game. The Heat are happy to have him back, and it’s great to see him putting the ball in the bucket.