- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
Derrick Jones Jr. Takes Nasty Fall During Game, His Injury Status Updated
- Updated: October 2, 2018
The Miami Heat are trying to get through the preseason without any more injuries cropping up.
The team dodged a bullet on Tuesday night in their game against the Charlotte Hornets after Derrick Jones Jr. appeared to have suffered a potentially serious injury to his shoulder that quieted the crowd at Spectrum Center.
However, X-rays on the shoulder later came back negative.
Scary moment as Derrick Jones Jr goes down hard. Gets up and taken off court with arm being held to his side. Didn’t look good, but we’ll see what Heat update on it. (Via @FOXSportsHEAT) pic.twitter.com/JvZvXtUIjx
— Will Manso (@WillManso) October 2, 2018
Up and to locker room, could be elbow. Not sure. Hush from crowd when replay shown. https://t.co/7k6NGj7k2g
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 2, 2018
#MIAvsCHA: Derrick Jones, Jr. (bruised right shoulder) will not return to tonight's preseason game vs the Hornets. X-Rays returned negative.
The 21-year-old Jones is known for his leaping ability, a talent that could see him playing other positions than the wing. The Heat are breathing a sigh of relief that the scary incident appears to have caused no major issues.
The team has two weeks to get ready for the start of the regular season, with Tuesday night’s game having four players ruled out because of injury or continued rehabilitation from offseason surgery.