- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Derrick Jones Jr. Explains Why Kyrie Irving Is His Favorite Player to Defend
- Updated: June 26, 2019
DJJ just said Kyrie is his favorite player to guard because of the challenge. Says he wants to be Defensive Player of the Year in the future
— alex (@tropicalblanket) June 26, 2019
Jones, 22, is coming off a career season with the Heat. The 6-foot-7 high-flyer put up a career-high 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in 19.2 minutes per game last season.
Although the former dunk contest participant is known for his entertaining slams, Jones also turned into a viable defender, rotational piece and contributor off the bench for the Heat this past season.
Irving, 27, is one of the best point guards in the association. The eight-year pro has career averages of 22.2 points, 5.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game. The 2016 champion is currently an unrestricted free agent, though he is heavily expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets.
Known for his flashy handles and amazing finishes around the rim, Irving is one of the hardest players to slow down. However, that makes it all the more fun for ambitious players, such as Jones, to take on the challenge and nurture their defensive prowess.