- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Derrick Jones Jr. Explains Why Kyrie Irving Is His Favorite Player to Defend
- Updated: June 26, 2019
DJJ just said Kyrie is his favorite player to guard because of the challenge. Says he wants to be Defensive Player of the Year in the future
— alex (@tropicalblanket) June 26, 2019
Jones, 22, is coming off a career season with the Heat. The 6-foot-7 high-flyer put up a career-high 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in 19.2 minutes per game last season.
Although the former dunk contest participant is known for his entertaining slams, Jones also turned into a viable defender, rotational piece and contributor off the bench for the Heat this past season.
Irving, 27, is one of the best point guards in the association. The eight-year pro has career averages of 22.2 points, 5.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game. The 2016 champion is currently an unrestricted free agent, though he is heavily expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets.
Known for his flashy handles and amazing finishes around the rim, Irving is one of the hardest players to slow down. However, that makes it all the more fun for ambitious players, such as Jones, to take on the challenge and nurture their defensive prowess.