- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Derrick Jones Jr. Explains Why Kyrie Irving Is His Favorite Player to Defend
- Updated: June 26, 2019
DJJ just said Kyrie is his favorite player to guard because of the challenge. Says he wants to be Defensive Player of the Year in the future
— alex (@tropicalblanket) June 26, 2019
Jones, 22, is coming off a career season with the Heat. The 6-foot-7 high-flyer put up a career-high 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in 19.2 minutes per game last season.
Although the former dunk contest participant is known for his entertaining slams, Jones also turned into a viable defender, rotational piece and contributor off the bench for the Heat this past season.
Irving, 27, is one of the best point guards in the association. The eight-year pro has career averages of 22.2 points, 5.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game. The 2016 champion is currently an unrestricted free agent, though he is heavily expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets.
Known for his flashy handles and amazing finishes around the rim, Irving is one of the hardest players to slow down. However, that makes it all the more fun for ambitious players, such as Jones, to take on the challenge and nurture their defensive prowess.