- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Fox Sports Personality Analyzes Possible Jimmy Butler Trade, Disrespects Bam Adebayo
- Updated: October 5, 2018
While the Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves continue to remain in fluid discussions on any potential trade that would send Jimmy Butler to South Beach, Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd chimed in with his thoughts.
— Mohamed (@RaptorsOG) October 5, 2018
“Bam? You mean the draft pick? What do you mean Bam? Who’s Bam? I’m not making that trade,” said Cowherd. “If I’m Minnesota, I’m not making that deal. Jimmy Butler’s gonna give you 23 a game and I get Bam? I didn’t even know who Bam was.”
The duo disagreed on which organization would come out on top of the latest rumored deal that Minnesota is willing to make happen.
This trade is simply not a good deal for the Heat. If anything, Miami would be bending over backwards to make the move happen.
Minnesota would definitely be taking the better end of any deal that brings two promising young players and a first-round pick, even if that pick would be late in the round. As Cowherd throws his two cents in, the narrative could shift related to outside perception of the deal. In any case, the Heat are hoping to get a deal done soon, but if they don’t have to give up Richardson, they shouldn’t.