- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
- Report: Jimmy Butler was chosen to be All-Star, but he refused to attend game without Bam Adebayo
- LeBron James earns huge salute from Udonis Haslem for crushing Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Chris Bosh Speaks on If He Thinks LeBron James Can Carry Lakers Into Playoffs
- Updated: February 13, 2019
“It’s a team sport. It takes a collective to be successful in the NBA,” Bosh said when asked if James could carry the Lakers into the playoffs. “Even one through eight to make it in the playoffs, you have to be a pretty good team. It just can’t be about one singular guy.”
In past years, fans have come to expect James to carry his teammates above expectations. The young core of the Lakers don’t look fully prepared for the moment, but Bosh believes that the All-Star break could help Los Angeles regroup.
“If he’s saying that that means that the mentality is not there,” Bosh said in regards to James looking forward to the All-Star break. “Obviously, giving up 117 points, that’s not going to get it done. They need to get refocused, refreshed and know that it’s hard and come back and really hit it after the All-Star break.”
Bosh was later pressed on whether he thinks the Lakers will make the playoffs. “I would think so,” Bosh admitted. But no one would expect him to pick against his former teammate.