- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Chris Bosh Seen Working With Bam Adebayo At Miami Heat Training Facility
- Updated: May 15, 2019
That possibility was evident from a brief video of the former All-Star training with current Heat center Bam Adebayo.
The 35-year-old Bosh last played in an NBA game in February 2016 before being forced to retire because of potential life-threatening issues related to blood clots.
While it took three years for him to make the official announcement, the final decision was effectively made for him when neither the Heat nor any other NBA team wanted to risk playing him.
Retirement for Bosh came on Feb. 12, 2019. It was eight days after the Heat announced that they would retire his No. 1 jersey in a ceremony that took place in late March.
In his 13-year career that was split between Toronto and Miami, he averaged 19.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game, and also was a key part of Heat title teams in 2012 and 2013.
Adebayo hopes to have a similar career resume by the time he hangs up his sneakers for good.
In his first two seasons with the Heat, he’s averaged 8.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists, with those numbers seeing an uptick during the 2018-19 campaign.
With Hassan Whiteside entering the final year of his contract this upcoming season, Adebayo seems destined to take over a starting role for the Heat very soon.