- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Chris Bosh Seen Working With Bam Adebayo At Miami Heat Training Facility
- Updated: May 15, 2019
That possibility was evident from a brief video of the former All-Star training with current Heat center Bam Adebayo.
The 35-year-old Bosh last played in an NBA game in February 2016 before being forced to retire because of potential life-threatening issues related to blood clots.
While it took three years for him to make the official announcement, the final decision was effectively made for him when neither the Heat nor any other NBA team wanted to risk playing him.
Retirement for Bosh came on Feb. 12, 2019. It was eight days after the Heat announced that they would retire his No. 1 jersey in a ceremony that took place in late March.
In his 13-year career that was split between Toronto and Miami, he averaged 19.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game, and also was a key part of Heat title teams in 2012 and 2013.
Adebayo hopes to have a similar career resume by the time he hangs up his sneakers for good.
In his first two seasons with the Heat, he’s averaged 8.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists, with those numbers seeing an uptick during the 2018-19 campaign.
With Hassan Whiteside entering the final year of his contract this upcoming season, Adebayo seems destined to take over a starting role for the Heat very soon.