- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Chris Bosh Seen Working With Bam Adebayo At Miami Heat Training Facility
- Updated: May 15, 2019
That possibility was evident from a brief video of the former All-Star training with current Heat center Bam Adebayo.
The 35-year-old Bosh last played in an NBA game in February 2016 before being forced to retire because of potential life-threatening issues related to blood clots.
While it took three years for him to make the official announcement, the final decision was effectively made for him when neither the Heat nor any other NBA team wanted to risk playing him.
Retirement for Bosh came on Feb. 12, 2019. It was eight days after the Heat announced that they would retire his No. 1 jersey in a ceremony that took place in late March.
In his 13-year career that was split between Toronto and Miami, he averaged 19.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game, and also was a key part of Heat title teams in 2012 and 2013.
Adebayo hopes to have a similar career resume by the time he hangs up his sneakers for good.
In his first two seasons with the Heat, he’s averaged 8.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists, with those numbers seeing an uptick during the 2018-19 campaign.
With Hassan Whiteside entering the final year of his contract this upcoming season, Adebayo seems destined to take over a starting role for the Heat very soon.