- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- Updated: September 25, 2020
He’s been playing so well that TNT’s Shaquille O’Neal seemed to compare him to Chris Paul. His costar, Charles Barkley, didn’t agree.
Shaq vs. Chuck Pt. 10586 😂 pic.twitter.com/wkcrT6oyHp
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) September 25, 2020
“I want to give props to Dragic,” said O’Neal. “His name is not mentioned a lot. He’s older, but I think he should get the same respect that CP3 has been getting. Older guy, putting up numbers, doing a lot for his team. And again, the recipe for them the last couple games, if you can get four guys with 20 points, you can win.”
Barkley then took it upon himself to respond.
“First of all, that’s just an insult to CP3. I’m not gonna let you get away with that,” responded Barkley.
O’Neal then hit back.
“No it’s not,” said O’Neal.
Barkley wasn’t finished making his stance known.
“Listen, Dragic has had a good career. Chris Paul has had a great career,” said Barkley.
The two traded barbs, with Barkley threatening O’Neal and O’Neal reminding Barkley that he never managed to win a championship during his NBA career, thus making his opinions less valid.
It was just another example of the two hilarious big men going at it in entertaining fashion.
As for Dragic, after averaging 16.2 points per game in the regular season, he is leading the Heat in scoring so far in the playoffs with 21.3 points per game.
He’s had quite a number of games with at least 20 points so far in this postseason as the Heat have shocked the world by going so far in playoffs.
The fact that Dragic has been to the conference finals in the past has only further helped Miami’s cause.
On the other hand, Paul is considered by most to be a future Hall of Famer and arguably the NBA’s best point guard of the last decade.
However, if Dragic continues to play the way he has, he could soon end up with something that has eluded Paul: an NBA championship.