- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Bill Simmons and Stugotz campaign for Udonis Haslem to play dirty and take out LeBron James
- Updated: October 2, 2020
The Los Angeles Lakers blew out Miami in Game 1, and Bill Simmons and Jon Weiner, who is also known at Stugotz, are campaigning for Udonis Haslem to get minutes.
However, their plan for Haslem is a bit unconventional.
Bill Simmons: "That’s a brilliant idea!"
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 2, 2020
“First off, I’ve been saying you have to start Udonis Haslem,” Weiner said. “He’s got six fouls. He does not give a s— about LeBron James and let him do his best to deliver those six fouls and somehow take out Anthony Davis or LeBron.”
While Weiner seemed to be somewhat joking, having Haslem play strictly to injure the competition is an awful idea.
However, Simmons was a fan.
“That’s a brilliant idea,” Simmons said. “Why wouldn’t they do that?”
The idea of adding Haslem in the lineup for toughness may work, but he simply isn’t the same basketball player he was in his prime.
Haslem barely played this regular season, appearing in four games and making one start.
The Heat need to rebound tonight in Game 2 if they want a chance to win the series.