- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Bill Simmons and Stugotz campaign for Udonis Haslem to play dirty and take out LeBron James
- Updated: October 2, 2020
The Los Angeles Lakers blew out Miami in Game 1, and Bill Simmons and Jon Weiner, who is also known at Stugotz, are campaigning for Udonis Haslem to get minutes.
However, their plan for Haslem is a bit unconventional.
Bill Simmons: "That’s a brilliant idea!"
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 2, 2020
“First off, I’ve been saying you have to start Udonis Haslem,” Weiner said. “He’s got six fouls. He does not give a s— about LeBron James and let him do his best to deliver those six fouls and somehow take out Anthony Davis or LeBron.”
While Weiner seemed to be somewhat joking, having Haslem play strictly to injure the competition is an awful idea.
However, Simmons was a fan.
“That’s a brilliant idea,” Simmons said. “Why wouldn’t they do that?”
The idea of adding Haslem in the lineup for toughness may work, but he simply isn’t the same basketball player he was in his prime.
Haslem barely played this regular season, appearing in four games and making one start.
The Heat need to rebound tonight in Game 2 if they want a chance to win the series.