- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Bam Adebayo Honors Kobe Bryant Heading Into Miami Heat-Milwaukee Bucks Matchup
- Updated: March 2, 2020
The 22-year-old Adebayo was born in the summer of 1997, after Bryant had completed his rookie season.
Despite never playing against the legend, it’s clear from the tribute that Adebayo grew up idolizing the Lakers legend.
Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash on Jan. 26, a tragic event that shook the entire NBA.
In his third season, Adebayo is starting to emerge as the player the Heat envisioned when they used the 14th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. He’s averaging 16.2 points, 10.5 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game during the 2019-20 campaign.
Bryant, like Adebayo, was also selected in the middle portion of the first round when the original Charlotte Hornets selected him 13th overall before immediately dealing him to the Lakers.
In Bryant’s fourth season, he helped lead the Lakers to the first of five NBA titles during his 20 seasons with the team. Adebayo is no doubt hoping that he’ll be able to absorb some of Bryant’s iconic legacy to help against the Bucks, as well as in the months and years ahead.