- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Bam Adebayo Goes 1-on-1 With De’Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown
- Updated: August 5, 2019
After that session, video was taken of Adebayo and the trio of De’Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown all putting in some extra work.
— NBA (@NBA) August 5, 2019
Adebayo is not guaranteed a spot on the final roster that will take part in the FIBA World Cup that gets underway on Aug. 31 in China. However, he’s spent much of the offseason putting in extensive work to prepare for what will be his third NBA season. Those efforts could pay off with a spot on the national team that will be seeking its third consecutive gold medal.
One of the players Adebayo is most likely eager to play with on the team is Fox, a guard who’s played the past two seasons with the Sacramento Kings. That’s because both players’ only season at the college level was spent at the University of Kentucky. Fox ended up being the fifth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, while Adebayo was chosen 13th overall by the Heat.
In the case of Brown and Tatum, both players currently play for the Boston Celtics and were the third overall picks of their respective teams in successive drafts. Brown went third in 2016, with Tatum following suit the next year.
Should Team USA again compete for a gold medal, that game take place on Sept. 15, the final scheduled day of the tournament. That comes less than two weeks before the start of the Heat’s rigorous training camp.