- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Report: Willie Reed to Decline Player Option and Become Unrestricted Free Agent
- Updated: June 1, 2017
Miami's Willie Reed will decline his player option and become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 1, 2017
The 27-year-old, 6-foot-9 big man had signed a two-year deal last July 13 with the Heat that paid him $1.015 million last year and was scheduled to increase to $1.577 million for the upcoming season.
In 71 games with the Heat, five of them in a starting capacity, Reed played an average of 14.5 minutes per game. During that time, he averaged 5.3 points and 4.7 rebounds.
Exactly how much it will cost Miami to keep Reed is unknown, though he indicated an interest in remaining with the team. However, given the huge contracts given to free agents last year, a number to marginal players, Reed’s final price could end up being too high for the Heat.