- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Willie Reed to Decline Player Option and Become Unrestricted Free Agent
- Updated: June 1, 2017
Miami's Willie Reed will decline his player option and become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 1, 2017
The 27-year-old, 6-foot-9 big man had signed a two-year deal last July 13 with the Heat that paid him $1.015 million last year and was scheduled to increase to $1.577 million for the upcoming season.
In 71 games with the Heat, five of them in a starting capacity, Reed played an average of 14.5 minutes per game. During that time, he averaged 5.3 points and 4.7 rebounds.
Exactly how much it will cost Miami to keep Reed is unknown, though he indicated an interest in remaining with the team. However, given the huge contracts given to free agents last year, a number to marginal players, Reed’s final price could end up being too high for the Heat.