- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Death of Rayshard Brooks With Angry NSFW Message
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on Epic Game 3 Moment During 2006 NBA Finals
- Jae Crowder Fires Back at Doctor Who Says America Needs Sports Right Now
- Report: Bam Adebayo Among Stars Seeking Protection in Case of Serious Injury in Orlando Bubble
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Would Be Willing to Offer in a Deal for Paul Millsap
- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
Report: Willie Reed to Decline Player Option and Become Unrestricted Free Agent
- Updated: June 1, 2017
Miami's Willie Reed will decline his player option and become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 1, 2017
The 27-year-old, 6-foot-9 big man had signed a two-year deal last July 13 with the Heat that paid him $1.015 million last year and was scheduled to increase to $1.577 million for the upcoming season.
In 71 games with the Heat, five of them in a starting capacity, Reed played an average of 14.5 minutes per game. During that time, he averaged 5.3 points and 4.7 rebounds.
Exactly how much it will cost Miami to keep Reed is unknown, though he indicated an interest in remaining with the team. However, given the huge contracts given to free agents last year, a number to marginal players, Reed’s final price could end up being too high for the Heat.