- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Trae Young to Miss Game Against Miami Heat on Thursday
- Updated: October 30, 2019
The Atlanta Hawks will be shorthanded against the Miami Heat on Thursday.
After suffering a right ankle injury on Tuesday, Hawks star Trae Young will be brought back cautiously by the team.
Hawks‘ Trae Young will miss Thursday’s game against Miami and return to the court next week, league sources say. Best case scenario for Young and the Hawks. https://t.co/zXjfk4MHOI
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 30, 2019
Young, 21, was helped off the court after rolling his ankle in a 112-97 loss against the Heat on Tuesday. The second-year guard didn’t return after scoring just five points in 11 minutes.
Trae Young rolled his ankle and I hate everything pic.twitter.com/dOacv41DRD
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) October 30, 2019
Young is averaging a career-high 26.8 points, 7.3 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game this season.
While the injury left Hawks fans with a scare on Tuesday, it was all fun and games for the Heat. Newcomer Jimmy Butler made his Heat debut, putting up 21 points, five rebounds and three steals in 31 minutes of action.
Furthermore, Heat rookie Tyler Herro led the team in scoring with 29 points while gathering seven rebounds and two assists.
Through four games, the Heat have an encouraging 3-1 record to start the season.