- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Report: NBA Admits to 2 Crucial Missed Calls on Final Possession of Lakers vs. Heat Matchup
- Updated: December 14, 2019
The Miami Heat lost a nail-biter to the Los Angeles Lakers, 113-110, on Friday night.
However, according to the NBA’s Last Two Minute report, the match should have ended in a much different way.
NBA report says Heat. fouled twice on final possession vs. Lakers. Says Jimmy Butler was fouled by LeBron on inbound attempt, which should have resulted in free throws and ball. Says Butler was fouled on potential tying three pointer, which would have resulted in free throws.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 14, 2019
The Last Two Minute report is an NBA report that tracks and analyzes the conclusion of a game for missed calls, corrections and more.
Because the NBA indicated that Jimmy Butler was fouled on his final 3-point attempt, the small forward would have had a shot to tie the game at the free throw line. Assuming Butler would have made all three free throws, the contest would have likely gone into overtime, where the Heat have been undefeated all season long.
Still, the Heat nearly beat one of the best teams in the NBA. Four-time MVP LeBron James led the Lakers’ charge on Friday night with 28 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.
Superstar Anthony Davis chipped in with 33 points and 10 boards in 38 minutes of action. On the Heat’s side, Butler had a team-high 23 points and four steals.
The Heat take on Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night.