- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
Report: NBA Admits to 2 Crucial Missed Calls on Final Possession of Lakers vs. Heat Matchup
- Updated: December 14, 2019
The Miami Heat lost a nail-biter to the Los Angeles Lakers, 113-110, on Friday night.
However, according to the NBA’s Last Two Minute report, the match should have ended in a much different way.
NBA report says Heat. fouled twice on final possession vs. Lakers. Says Jimmy Butler was fouled by LeBron on inbound attempt, which should have resulted in free throws and ball. Says Butler was fouled on potential tying three pointer, which would have resulted in free throws.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 14, 2019
The Last Two Minute report is an NBA report that tracks and analyzes the conclusion of a game for missed calls, corrections and more.
Because the NBA indicated that Jimmy Butler was fouled on his final 3-point attempt, the small forward would have had a shot to tie the game at the free throw line. Assuming Butler would have made all three free throws, the contest would have likely gone into overtime, where the Heat have been undefeated all season long.
Still, the Heat nearly beat one of the best teams in the NBA. Four-time MVP LeBron James led the Lakers’ charge on Friday night with 28 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.
Superstar Anthony Davis chipped in with 33 points and 10 boards in 38 minutes of action. On the Heat’s side, Butler had a team-high 23 points and four steals.
The Heat take on Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night.