- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Report: Miami Heat Update Injury Status of Dion Waiters
- Updated: March 18, 2017
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters will not need an MRI on his left ankle after he had injured it during Friday night’s win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The injury originally appeared to be serious, with Waiters having to be carried off the court following the injury that occurred late in the first half.
Coach Spo says Waiters (ankle) received treatment last night and this morning. There will be no MRI & there is no timeline for his return.
The original plan was to have the MRI, with Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra specifically stating it during his postgame press conference. Given that Spoelstra indicated the similarity to Waiters’ previous injury, it’s important to note that Waiters sat out three games following his Feb. 6 injury at Minnesota.
The victory on Friday night moved the Heat into the eighth and final playoff spot, with 13 games left in the regular season. Their first challenge following Waiters’ injury will be on Sunday night, when they face a stiff challenge at home against the Portland Trail Blazers, who are also fighting for a playoff berth.