- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Miami Heat Update Injury Status of Dion Waiters
- Updated: March 18, 2017
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters will not need an MRI on his left ankle after he had injured it during Friday night’s win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The injury originally appeared to be serious, with Waiters having to be carried off the court following the injury that occurred late in the first half.
Coach Spo says Waiters (ankle) received treatment last night and this morning. There will be no MRI & there is no timeline for his return.
The original plan was to have the MRI, with Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra specifically stating it during his postgame press conference. Given that Spoelstra indicated the similarity to Waiters’ previous injury, it’s important to note that Waiters sat out three games following his Feb. 6 injury at Minnesota.
The victory on Friday night moved the Heat into the eighth and final playoff spot, with 13 games left in the regular season. Their first challenge following Waiters’ injury will be on Sunday night, when they face a stiff challenge at home against the Portland Trail Blazers, who are also fighting for a playoff berth.