- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
Report: Miami Heat Update Injury Status of Dion Waiters
- Updated: March 18, 2017
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters will not need an MRI on his left ankle after he had injured it during Friday night’s win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The injury originally appeared to be serious, with Waiters having to be carried off the court following the injury that occurred late in the first half.
Coach Spo says Waiters (ankle) received treatment last night and this morning. There will be no MRI & there is no timeline for his return.
The original plan was to have the MRI, with Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra specifically stating it during his postgame press conference. Given that Spoelstra indicated the similarity to Waiters’ previous injury, it’s important to note that Waiters sat out three games following his Feb. 6 injury at Minnesota.
The victory on Friday night moved the Heat into the eighth and final playoff spot, with 13 games left in the regular season. Their first challenge following Waiters’ injury will be on Sunday night, when they face a stiff challenge at home against the Portland Trail Blazers, who are also fighting for a playoff berth.