- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Updated: November 30, 2020
The Miami Heat announced that they have signed swingman Max Strus to a contract.
Strus spent last season with the Chicago Bulls and their G League affiliate, the Windy City Bulls.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have signed guard/forward Max Strus.
In two games with Chicago last season, Strus played three minutes per game. He averaged 2.5 points and 0.5 rebounds per game.
Strus began his college career at Lewis University before he transferred to DePaul University.
The 24-year-old spent two seasons at DePaul. In his senior year, he averaged 20.1 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.2 assists in 37.4 minutes per game.
He shot 42.9 percent from the field, 36.3 percent from 3-point range during his senior season.
While the Heat did not announce the terms of the deal, Strus will likely be on a two-way contract this season, as Miami has already filled most of its NBA roster spots.