- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Report: Miami Heat Make Huge Announcement to Immortalize Dwyane Wade
- Updated: January 3, 2020
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, the Heat are planning on retiring Wade’s jersey this season.
“The Miami Heat are targeting the Feb. 22 game against the Cleveland Cavaliers at AmericanAirlines Arena for the retirement of Dwyane Wade’s iconic No. 3 jersey, a source familiar with the planning confirmed to the Sun Sentinel,” Winderman wrote.
Wade, 37, has been the face of the franchise for the last several years.
The Heat drafted the shooting guard with the No. 5 pick in the 2003 NBA draft. The selection changed the course of the organization forever.
The superstar played a major role in helping the team capture three championships, luring marquee free agents, going to several NBA playoffs, breaking records and much more.
Perhaps his greatest accomplishment, Wade led the Heat to their first championship in 2006 before being named the NBA Finals MVP that year.
The 16-year veteran concluded his career with averages of 22.0 points, 5.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.