- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
Report: Kelly Olynyk opts into $13.6 million contract for next season
- Updated: November 18, 2020
After an incredible playoff run ending with an NBA Finals appearance, the Miami Heat have a lot of work to do during this short offseason leading to an early start to the 2020-21 campaign in December.
Veteran big man Kelly Olynyk didn’t take too long to decide what to do with his player option worth $13.6 million. Olynyk will remain with the Heat for the upcoming season after opting into his contract.
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) November 18, 2020
The 29-year-old put up decent numbers during the regular season, appearing in 67 games for Miami. He averaged 8.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game while shooting a career-high 40.6 percent from beyond the arc.
Although Olynyk isn’t a game-changing talent for the Heat, he provides some stability in the frontcourt as insurance behind Adebayo.