- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
Report: Kelly Olynyk opts into $13.6 million contract for next season
- Updated: November 18, 2020
After an incredible playoff run ending with an NBA Finals appearance, the Miami Heat have a lot of work to do during this short offseason leading to an early start to the 2020-21 campaign in December.
Veteran big man Kelly Olynyk didn’t take too long to decide what to do with his player option worth $13.6 million. Olynyk will remain with the Heat for the upcoming season after opting into his contract.
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) November 18, 2020
The 29-year-old put up decent numbers during the regular season, appearing in 67 games for Miami. He averaged 8.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game while shooting a career-high 40.6 percent from beyond the arc.
Although Olynyk isn’t a game-changing talent for the Heat, he provides some stability in the frontcourt as insurance behind Adebayo.