- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
Report: Kelly Olynyk opts into $13.6 million contract for next season
- Updated: November 18, 2020
After an incredible playoff run ending with an NBA Finals appearance, the Miami Heat have a lot of work to do during this short offseason leading to an early start to the 2020-21 campaign in December.
Veteran big man Kelly Olynyk didn’t take too long to decide what to do with his player option worth $13.6 million. Olynyk will remain with the Heat for the upcoming season after opting into his contract.
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) November 18, 2020
The 29-year-old put up decent numbers during the regular season, appearing in 67 games for Miami. He averaged 8.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game while shooting a career-high 40.6 percent from beyond the arc.
Although Olynyk isn’t a game-changing talent for the Heat, he provides some stability in the frontcourt as insurance behind Adebayo.