- Justise Winslow Pens Heartfelt Goodbye to Miami Heat Organization, Teammates and Fans
- Report: Miami Heat Release Results of Jimmy Butler’s Latest MRI
- Miami Heat News: Andre Iguodala’s Latest Extension With Heat Contains Addendum
- Jae Crowder Dedicates Endearing Message to Heat Nation After Being Traded to Miami Heat
- Grading the Miami Heat’s 2020 NBA Trade Deadline Acquisitions
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Tristan Thompson If He’s Bought Out by Cavs
- LeBron James Applauds Miami Heat for Signing Andre Iguodala
- Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Andre Iguodala Reveals Why He Chose Miami Heat Over Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat ‘Ready to Go to War’ After Andre Iguodala Trade
Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Updated: February 6, 2020
It was initially thought that former Miami Heat forward James Johnson was headed to the Memphis Grizzlies in a two team deal that netted Andre Iguodala, but it appears that a third team is being added to help facilitate the deal.
As a result, Johnson is headed to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for big man Gorgui Dieng.
Minnesota has joined the Miami-Memphis deal — and will trade Gorgui Dieng for James Johnson, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2020
— Jon Krawczynski (@JonKrawczynski) February 6, 2020
Dieng is a formidable big man and will help bolster a Grizzlies frontcourt of Jonas Valanciunas, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Brandon Clarke.
The 6-foot-11 center from Senegal has career averages of 7.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game.
There’s a chance that Heat team president Pat Riley is not done dealing yet, as per this writing, there are still 20 minutes left until the NBA’s trade deadline.