- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Updated: February 6, 2020
It was initially thought that former Miami Heat forward James Johnson was headed to the Memphis Grizzlies in a two team deal that netted Andre Iguodala, but it appears that a third team is being added to help facilitate the deal.
As a result, Johnson is headed to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for big man Gorgui Dieng.
Minnesota has joined the Miami-Memphis deal — and will trade Gorgui Dieng for James Johnson, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2020
— Jon Krawczynski (@JonKrawczynski) February 6, 2020
Dieng is a formidable big man and will help bolster a Grizzlies frontcourt of Jonas Valanciunas, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Brandon Clarke.
The 6-foot-11 center from Senegal has career averages of 7.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.0 blocks per game.
There’s a chance that Heat team president Pat Riley is not done dealing yet, as per this writing, there are still 20 minutes left until the NBA’s trade deadline.