- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Key Rotation Player After Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Updated: April 7, 2019
In the closing days of the 2018-19 season, the Miami Heat are getting a head start on their plans for next year. On Sunday, they released swingman Rodney McGruder, who wasn’t seen as a building block for the team’s future.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 7, 2019
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) April 7, 2019
Until signing with the Heat as a free agent in July 2016, the 27-year-old McGruder had struggled to stay in the league after having been released by both Oklahoma City and Boston.
During the 2016-17 campaign, he started 65 of 78 contests and averaged 9.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game.
However, he was limited to 18 games last season because of injury and also spent time with the Heat’s G League team. This year, he averaged 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists entering Sunday’s contest in Toronto.
The move by the Heat does allow another team to pick him up before the end of the regular season this week.