- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Key Rotation Player After Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Updated: April 7, 2019
In the closing days of the 2018-19 season, the Miami Heat are getting a head start on their plans for next year. On Sunday, they released swingman Rodney McGruder, who wasn’t seen as a building block for the team’s future.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 7, 2019
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) April 7, 2019
Until signing with the Heat as a free agent in July 2016, the 27-year-old McGruder had struggled to stay in the league after having been released by both Oklahoma City and Boston.
During the 2016-17 campaign, he started 65 of 78 contests and averaged 9.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game.
However, he was limited to 18 games last season because of injury and also spent time with the Heat’s G League team. This year, he averaged 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists entering Sunday’s contest in Toronto.
The move by the Heat does allow another team to pick him up before the end of the regular season this week.