- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Miami Heat News: Whiteside, Lucas III, Whittington All Sit on Day Five of Training Camp
- Updated: October 2, 2015
The frustration continues for Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside, who remains off the court after having strained his right calf muscle last week during a workout, and is doubtful to see any action in Sunday’s preseason opener.
The Sun Sentinel’s Ira Winderman reported on Friday morning that Whiteside’s issue has prevented him from practicing for the fifth straight day. Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra is dealing with the situation as best he can, saying:
“He was able to do a little more on the sideline, but he didn’t practice. We do what we can, a lot of meetings. He’s at every practice. We have him engaged and involved, even though he’s not on the court practicing. He was with us last year, so he has an idea of a lot of the things that we do. So we control what we can control.”
Whiteside’s injury is just one of many currently affecting the Heat, though given his importance to the starting lineup, makes it the most important of those injuries. Joining him in the sick bay is guard John Lucas III, who’s being held out for rest, and forward Greg Whittington, who has been suffering from dehydration.
Hassan Whiteside (calf) out for the fifth day in as many days of camp. John Lucas III (rest), Greg Whittington (dehydration) also out.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 2, 2015
Sunday night’s first look at the 2015-16 edition of the Heat will be against the Charlotte Hornets, with tip-off set for just after 6 p.m. at American Airlines Arena.